Diaper rashes are typical because the baby’s skin is very sensitive or underdeveloped, and the skin is irritated by wetness & friction is the primary cause of diaper rash. Even though there are lotions for diaper rash, most parents prefer to use natural coconut oil.
So, what exactly makes coconut oil for body massage safe for babies?
Read on to know more about it.
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is extracted from coconut fruit with a mild and sweet smell. The oil is rich in essential fatty acids, proteins, and vitamins with natural antioxidant properties great for the baby’s skin.
Dermatologists claim that the oil can reverse the signs of ageing, hydrate, and renew the skin. Although the infant has nothing to do with ageing, coconut oil has tremendous potential for treating diaper rashes as it aids skin repair.
Types of Diaper Rash
Baby rash is of different types and has different forms:
- Chafing – One of the most prevalent rashes, characterized by little red spots or bumps on the baby’s skin near the diaper area.
- Yeast infection – Yeast infection is a bright red rash with a sensitive rash brought on by an overgrowth of the fungus candida (caused by too much moisture).
- Cradle Cap – Usually affecting the baby’s head, this deep red, scaly rash can also develop in the diaper area.
- Eczema – Under this condition, the baby develops dry, scaly red spots that may itch and weep rather than generalized rashes.
- Impetigo – It is a bacterial illness with a big blister that develops slowly and may arise due to another rash or irritation.
What Causes Diaper Rash?
When a baby’s diaper gets soiled, it irritates parents, who blame the diaper for all the rashes. Without question, it’s a contributing component, but there are other causes as well.
The friction where the diaper rubs frequently cause the baby’s skin to get affected. When the diaper isn’t changed, the dirt and moisture encourage the yeast infection growth-causing candida fungus.
How to Treat Diaper Rash through Coconut Oil?
One of the best natural treatments for infant diaper rash is coconut oil. It lessens skin edoema, irritation, and itching and aids in creating a barrier that might shield a baby’s skin by healing diaper rash.
It has been discovered through studies that coconut oil has wound-healing properties.
To effectively treat diaper rash, coconut oil must be applied to a baby’s dry, clean skin. Apply a few drops of coconut oil to your palms and massage the baby’s injured area.
Baby diaper rash is common and can readily be treated at home using high-grade coconut massage oil. You can purchase the oil online from Little Rituals, which deals in natural cold-pressed organic oil.
Your baby will get significant relief from diaper rash after a regular massage with coconut massage oil. It also helps soothe inflammation & even delivers a calming effect to the baby.