If you live in the city and are a career woman, that puts you in the superwoman category, yet working all hours can impact our general health & well-being. It is easy to lapse into bad habits when you are hooked into your career and if you would like to enjoy a healthier lifestyle, here are some positive changes that you can introduce.
Few Steps for Adopting Healthy Lifestyle
- Yoga – This ancient Eastern discipline develops the spirit, mind and body; if you are stressed because of a big work project, learning to meditate and focus the mind is very beneficial. Almost everyone reports a calmer self after getting into yoga; all you need is 30 minutes, preferably in the morning; order a yoga mat and the clothing from an online supplier and watch a few YouTube videos on the topic of yoga.
- Take up cycling – The best women’s cycling clothing is available from the leading online cycling accessory retailer; either acquire a mountain bike or a road machine and join the many cycling groups that are on social media. You are sure to make some great business connections while making a few friends as well. Age doesn’t matter, as long as you are reasonably healthy and have a desire to lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Organic fresh fruit & vegetables – You may not be aware that small organic farms sell their produce online; you can place a weekly order and fill your fridge, which should last until the next delivery. When you are working on the move, it is easy to eat fast food for convenience; with organic fruit and vegetables in your kitchen, your immune system will be strong and you will enjoy good health.
- Enjoy country hikes – Why not explore the natural beauty we are all surrounded by? There are marked hikes all over the US, which is a great way to spend a Sunday morning. If you are a wildlife lover, take your digital camera and start collecting photos; plus, you can learn about the local wildlife from the Internet.
- Working remotely – If possible, take a week and manage your business via the web, allowing you to have a change of environment. Better still, book a holiday in Bali or Thailand and really get away from it all! Of course, not everyone can manage their work remotely, but if you are one of the lucky ones, why not? Click here for office storage tips.
- Quit alcohol – While it might seem like fun at the time, drinking harms the body, which is why more people are turning to alcohol-free beverages when socialising. It only takes a couple of weeks before you start to feel the benefits of quitting alcohol, which should motivate you to keep going. Some women have a 3-month respite from alcohol, which is a form of detox.
Take a good look at your lifestyle and see a few ways that you can make changes for a healthier lifestyle, which typically leads to happiness.