PlayerUnknown Battle Ground (PUBG) is all set to make a comeback in India, watching PUBG’s comeback, Tiktok officials are hoping too that if they can bring back their app in India again.
- Tik tok were banned by the Indian Government on June 29 and 2 September respectively, the reason given by the Indian government was that the apps were “prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defense of India, the security of the state and public order”
- India tiktok head Nikhil Gandhi has assured his employees in an email that the company is working closely with the government to take care of the issues that were raised and looking closely at making a comeback soon.
- TikTok was among the first set of Chinese apps that were banned by the Indian government.
- However, the platform has retained its employees in the country and is currently working with the government to resolve the issues, India Today reported.
- “We remain committed to the positive impact our platforms can have on society. Our employees have been at the heart of our business and we place the utmost importance on our employees’ personal and professional well-being,” Gandhi said in the email, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Gandhi also said, “We have demonstrated unequivocal commitment to comply with the local laws, including data privacy and security requirements, and are therefore optimistic about a positive outcome. Our clarifications have been submitted to the Government and we will continue to allay any further concerns they may have. Together with our employees, we remain dedicated to our users and creators who have found not only recognition but also new avenues of livelihood through our platform,”.
- There are speculations in the market that Microsoft, Reliance, or Airtel may acquire TikTok. However, no such announcements have been made to confirm the news, reported Hindustan Times Tech.
- The report added that TikTok has received the greatest number of users and downloads from India, in millions. Soon after the ban, Facebook launched Instagram Reels to compete for TikTok’s market share.
The management team of TikTok is working hard to revoke the ban in India. According to the rumors, the negotiations are still at an initial stage. Let’s see how much time it takes to make a comeback in India. Every former Tik-toker is observing every move made by Tiktok officials and the government