Most people want a card that provides maximum benefits with minimum charges. Some even look for free credit cards, so they don’t have to pay anything for using them. To meet such requirements, many card issuers issue lifetime free credit cards with zero joining fee or annual fee.
You may have seen offers for these cards online or in your mail. They claim to be a no-fee, low interest credit card that can be used forever. They also often come with rewards/cash back programs that increase savings.
But is there a catch with these free lifetime credit cards? And are they legitimate? What things do you need to know about these cards as a credit card holder? Read on to learn more.
How to qualify for a lifetime credit card?
Every financial institution has distinct eligibility criteria for a lifetime credit card. However, a few common eligibility criteria include:
- Age: An applicant should be between 21-60 years.
- Employment: An applicant should either be salaried or self-employed.
Note: In most cases, the institution may ask the applicant to show income proof such as bank statements, salary slips, and income tax returns. Moreover, in some cases, the applicant must have a monthly income between ₹25,000 to ₹2 lakh to apply for a free lifetime credit card. However, these eligibility criteria may alter based on each institution’s policies.
Here is how to apply for a lifetime free credit card
To apply for a credit card with no annual fees, follow these steps:
- Browse the respective website of your preferred financial institution.
- In the credit card section, select the preferred lifetime free credit card, and click on Apply Now.
- Check your eligibility criteria set by the respective institution.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- Provide necessary details such as name, date of birth, income proof, etc.
- Submit the required documents, including income proof.
- After entering all the details, click ‘Submit.’
Is a lifetime free credit card beneficial?
A lifetime free credit card comes with the following benefits:
- You can apply for a lifetime free credit card online.
- Discounts on shopping, movies, dining, hotel reservations, entertainment, etc.
- Lifetime-free credit cardholders can also get reward points on their transactions.
- Other benefits include discounts on health and wellness outlets, various in-app online discounts, etc.
Generally, a lifetime-free credit card does not charge annual fees. However, some may have a few terms and conditions and fees for extra services, like a hard copy of the itemized bill. So, ensure you read about the charges associated with the card before applying.
New applicants and experienced credit card users can benefit from a lifetime free credit card with zero annual fees. Ensure you explore different lifetime free credit cards and compare them before applying. IDFC FIRST Bank’s lifetime free credit card is one of the best and most popular credit cards as it offers up to 10x reward points that never expire and an industry-best low APR, i.e., annual interest rates. You can also withdraw interest-free cash for up to 48 days with IDFC FIRST Bank’s lifetime free credit card.