Almost all google services like Gmail and Youtube went unavailable for some time on Monday evening for users worldwide. Google has acknowledged the outage and some of these services are coming back online now.
- YouTube and Gmail websites are not working for many users across the world. According to the popular website Down Detector, many Google services including YouTube, Gmail, Google and Google Drive are not working for many users.
- Apart from these websites, Down Detector claims that even Google Play, Google Maps, Google Hangouts, Google Duo and Google Meet are not working for many.
- The latest outage, which seems to be more intensive than the last one, seemingly started around 5 pm IST today.
- According to Down detector, the website that tracks web outages, has reported over 40,000 outage cases from around the world.
- Update: Some users are saying that Gmail is working again and they can log into it. It seems emails are also coming. However, Gmail is also showing a warning when users are logging back in. It says. “Gmail is temporarily unable to access your Contacts. You may experience issues while this persists.”
Gmail service has already been restored for some users, and we expect a resolution for all users in the near future. Please note this time frame is an estimate and may change,” says Google on its Gmail status page.
- Google confirmed on its service status page that all its services are suffering an outage.
- About Gmail, it says: “We’re aware of a problem with Gmail affecting a majority of users. The affected users are unable to access Gmail. We will provide an update by 12/14/20, 5:42 PM detailing when we expect to resolve the problem. Please note that this resolution time is an estimate and may change.”
- Same message has been provided by google through its service status page for all other services.
- According to India Today, Google, after a long delay, updated its status page for Google services to show that all of its services are impacted by the outage.
- These services include Google Search, Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Groups, Google Hangouts, Google Keep, and Google Tasks, among others.
- The YouTube team has separately addressed the issue because its users seem to have been affected the most. On Twitter, YouTube said: “We are aware that many of you are having issues accessing YouTube right now our team is aware and looking into it. We’ll update you here as soon as we have more news.”