Recently, on Thursday morning it has been found that six people died and many more are in an unconscious state. This is because of the toxic gas leakage from a chemical plant of a company in Andhra Pradesh’s Vishakhapatnam city. The plant produces polystyrene that is a type of chemical used to make plastic and other wide range of toys and appliances.
After the leakage of gas, the fire engines, doctors, ambulances, and police reached the spot to control the situation. The gas leaked was very toxic and around 200 people were rushed to the hospital. Moreover, the National Disaster Response was also called in to handle down the things.
According to the reports, we got to know that the number of people fallen sick is more than 1000 and they all are rushed to the hospital. The gas leak is very toxic and it was leaked at around 3 A.M. in the morning from the LG Polymers industry in Vizag. After facing these serious situations the workers were gearing up to reopen that plant when gas leaked but nothing came under control. The panic and tragic situation made so many people unconscious on the streets as they started facing breathing problems. Some of the other people complained about rashes on their bodies and burning sensations in eyes.
The police commissioner said that the gas leaked was very toxic and it is now neutralized all around in the air. In addition, he says that the maximum impact of this gas was about 1-1.5km but the smell was in 2-2.5km. So, keeping these things in mind the government of Vizag has shifted so many people away from the affected area. They were shifted to save the lives of all the people from such toxic gas.
This year is becoming a very much tough day today, don’t know why but every day and every month people from different states are fighting from a new situation. #MAY GOD SAVE PEOPLE’S LIFE.
Stay connected to have more information about Vishakhapatnam.