Menstrual cramps are the lifelong friend of many women that visit them every month during their period days. It becomes a very irritating, but constant reminder that the woman is on her period. It is also known as dysmenorrhea and this pain occurs in the area of the lower abdomen. Sometimes it occurs before the start if the menstrual period and serves as a reminder that menstrual period will start.
For some people only discomfort occurs which is annoying, but tolerable, but for some it is more than discomfort and it can actually cause immense pain and makes the woman bed ridden for a day or two. She is unable to do anything during this period and it can hamper her daily life and career. Before taking any over-the-counter pain relievers you can take a look at this article and take help of these tips and try to decrease your cramps naturally. If it doesn’t work, then do see best gynecology surgeon in India for further treatment options.
These are the best ways to get rid of menstrual cramps by following home remedies.
- Putting hot water bag in your lower abdomen is the favourite among women and this age-old idea will surely help you a lot in relieving your pain. Try to do this as much as possible when your cramp is just starting. This will help in decreasing the intensity of the cramp as soon as it will start.
- Drink warm milk with turmeric and drink this twice a day during your menstrual period. You will get relief from pain as soon as you will start drinking this. This ancient Indian way of getting rid of any pain works wonderfully on menstrual cramps and helps in relieving you of this pain easily. This will also benefit you in various ways and will make you feel energized when you will drink it.
- Always add bioflavonoids in your diet for getting rid of menstrual cramps. For this add citrus fruits more in your diet. Eat apples, plums, garlic, spinach and Brussels sprouts as much as you can. This will help you in getting relief from menstrual cramps.
- Make sure that you take a bath in warm water and also practice Abhyangam every day before going for your bath. This ayurvedic oil massage will help you in relaxing your tummy muscles and it will also further help in decreasing your pain. Your cramp will decrease and you will feel more relaxed and doing this every day will also help in losing weight as well in the abdomen region.
- Basil is very effective in reducing cramps and pains. This effective herb will help you in getting relief from intense pain if taken with boiling water. Drink this mixture many times after very two or three hours to get rid of cramps easily.
- Cinnamon is also excellent for reducing menstrual cramps. Drink the tea of cinnamon during your menstrual period to get rid of the annoying pain that really irritates every woman.
- The best gynecology surgeons in India also suggests that women should stay stress free and do some gentle exercise during their period to get rid of their menstrual pain.